UPDuino v3.0: PCB Design Files, Designs, Documentation¶
The UPDuino v3.0 is a small, low-cost FPGA board. The board features an on-board FPGA programmer, flash and LED with _all_ FPGA pins brought out to easy to use 0.1” header pins for fast prototyping.
The tinyVision.ai UPduino v3.0 Board Features:
- Lattice UltraPlus ICE40UP5K FPGA with 5.3K LUTs, 1Mb SPRAM, 120Kb DPRAM, 8 Multipliers
- FTDI FT232H USB to SPI Device
- _ALL_ 32 FPGA GPIO on 0.1” headers
- _ALL_ FTDI pins brought to test points
- 4MB SPI Flash
- RGB LED
- On board 3.3V and 1.2V Regulators, can supply 3.3V to your project
- Open source schematic and layout using KiCAD design tools
- Integrated into the open source APIO toolchain
Please see the wiki page for the changes that were implemented from v2.1. Some salient features are:
- 4 layer board with a solid ground plane, proper layout and decoupling for good signal integrity and FPGA operation
- Access to on-board 12MHz oscillator using a jumper (short R16)
- _All_ FPGA pins including LED driver pins are brought to 0.1” headers
- qSPI flash capability
- tinyFPGA bootloader compatible
- osresearch: large collection of very useful code and a good overview.
- UPduino FPGA tutorial using APIO
- A very detailed blog on implementing a RISCV in the FPGA
- Digi-Key FPGA Playlist: “What is an FPGA” all the way to designing a risc-v custom peripheral in just 12 videos filled with great tutorials, links, and explanations.
TinyVision.ai blog posts: